Labels

Friday, January 10, 2014

WInter indoor aquiponic garden




     Growing your own food outdoors in the winter is challenging. For this reason, I  am growing my food indoors this winter.

  In years past I have grown my plants in soil pots. This method was messy, occupied a large portion of my apartment, and was not efficient. 

   I am an advocate of the phrase, 'work smarter; not harder,' so I decided I needed to find a better way to winterize my kitchen garden. I did some research and found an aquiponic system that fit my needs called the Aero-Garden


   An aquiponic system houses the roots of the plant within a water tank. This allows for the roots to grow according to their needs. The Aero-Garden host a grow light, that is adjustable, above the plants.  

  The Aero garden works hard so I don't have to. The garden has five option to choose from: salad greens, tomatoes and peppers, herbs, flowers, and strawberry. Once you choose one of the five different options, it automatically regulates the grow light with a timer that best fits the needs of your plant.

I love being able to grow a small kitchen garden in my home during these cold winter months!


Where I bought my Aero Garden: Ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment