Labels

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wacky Wednesday: Spring Peepers~ Pinkle-tinks~



Have you ever come up with some wacky tunes?
Today's wacky Wednesday is dedicated to spring peepers, the first day of spring, and to silly jams.

These frogs- spring peepers- are pretty wacky!

    During the winter they hibernate underneath logs, and fallen or loosen bark. Theses little  hibernators come out to sing at the start of spring
{these troubadours swoon spring to come out and play with their love songs}.

   They eat invertebrates; beetles, flies, ants, & spiders. The habitat of the spring peepers is deep in the forest or wet places. The peeepers are dependent on ponds, swamps, & marshes.
'Wikipedia on Spring Peepers'

     As for today being the first day of spring, I thought that it would be appropriate to talk about spring peepers and just so happens that my husband Mark and I wrote a silly little tune about these peepers {aka: pinkle-tinks, tinkle-toes, & pink-winks}.

I had a hard time sharing this song, so I made it into a video. I did not have any clips of spring peepers on hand so I had to you the clips I did have. Hope you enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment